1. Management of traveler information
In order to prevent leaks, loss, destruction or damage to personal information related to travel services (hereinafter, “traveler information”), the Avex Group is committed to protecting traveler information by implementing appropriate security measures based on laws and regulations, guidelines and its own internal rules. The Avex Group also strives to ensure thorough protection by educating employees on the appropriate handling of traveler information.
2. Intended uses of traveler information
The Avex Group uses traveler information to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes stated below.
A) For the following purposes related to the provision of travel services:
- 1) To provide, deliver and verify applications for travel services and related services;
- 2) To arrange transportation and/or accommodation and acknowledge services received, as well as apply for, and provide, insurance-related services when customers apply for travel services;
- 3) To confirm registration to e-mail delivery services and to deliver e-mails;
- 4) To confirm registration to various membership services and to provide such services;
B) Other purposes
- 1) To inform about products, services, and campaigns of the Avex Group and its affiliated companies;
- 2) To gauge the degree of customer satisfaction regarding events and services provided;
- 3) To provide benefits and rewards;
- 4) To gauge consumer utilization rate in order to improve existing services and develop new ones;
3. Provision of traveler information to third parties
The Avex Group does not provide traveler information to third parties without the consent of the person concerned except in the following cases:
- 1) When entrusting the handling of traveler information to transportation / accommodation agencies, insurance agencies and other facilitating agencies appropriately supervised by the Avex Group within the scope necessary for arranging and obtaining travel services and for insurance procedures to cover responsibilities for travel contracts and expenses in case of accidents.
- 2) When the consent of the customer has been obtained in advance;
- 3) When based on laws and regulations;
- 4) When it is required to protect an individual’s life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned;
- 5) When it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or for the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned;
- 6) When necessary to cooperate with a national or local government organization, or a business operator entrusted by such an organization, to carry out matters prescribed by laws and regulations and when obtaining the consent of the person concerned would interfere with such matters;
4. Provision of traveler information to third parties overseas
The Avex Group, except for cases falling under 3 (3), 3 (4),3 (5) and 3 (6), when providing personal data to third parties (excluding those who have developed systems conforming to the standards specified in the rules of the Personal Information Protection Committee under Article 24 of the Personal Information Protection Act) located in a foreign country (excluding countries specified in the rules of the Personal Information Protection Committee under Article 24 of the Personal Information Protection Act) must obtain the prior consent of the person concerned regarding the provision of such data to third parties in foreign countries.
5. Traveler information of accompanying travelers
The Avex Group considers the consent given by a person regarding the handling of traveler information as extending to any traveling companion for whom said person applied and accepts no responsibility for any disputes arising between travel companions.
6. Shared use of traveler information
The Avex Group may share traveler information obtained from customers within the scope and purposes of use set forth below.
7. Procedures and inquiries regarding disclosure of traveler information
Inquiries regarding insurer information can be made at the customer service desk indicated below.
Please understand that, when making an inquiry, you may be asked to confirm your identity.
0570-064-414 (9: 00-18: 00; except on Saturday, Sundays and public holidays)